- Client: Australian Department of Defence
- Location: Papua New Guinea
- Sector: Government
- Services: Project Management & Contract Administration, Project initiation, planning, implementation and closure management, Contractor Procurement, Contractor Management, Design Management, Construction Management and Site Supervision, Project Controls, Stakeholder Consultation, Program and Risk Management.
- Delivery Partner: Wildara is providing sub-consulting services to Jacobs Group
The Pacific Step-up is one of Australia’s highest foreign policy priorities, highlighted in Australia’s 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper and 2016 Defence White Paper as of fundamental importance to Australia. The Step-up was first announced at the Pacific Island Forum Leaders’ Meeting in September 2016 as a ‘step-change’ in the way we would engage the region.
The step-up program entails a package of security, economic, diplomatic and people to people initiatives to continue building on our strong partnerships in the Pacific. Wildara has significant experience in developing and delivering projects in the Pacific and we are pleased to participate in the first phase of the program which is expected to run through to 2023.
- Remote project delivery
- Fluid scope
- Cultural and language barriers
- Progressive mobilisation
- Complex approvals process
- Constrained market capability
- Commonwealth procurement