- Client: University of Newcastle
- Location: Callaghan Campus, Newcastle
- Sector: Education
- Services: Project Management, Contracts Administration, Contractor Procurement & Management, Design Management, Construction Management and Site Supervision
Wildara has been engaged by the University of Newcastle to project manage the refurbishment and modernisation of the Shortland Bakehouse Social Space. The project will create a new outdoor social setting for which nestles into, and complements the existing landscape and provides an inclusive and accessible campus space for all to enjoy.
The Shortland building is a primary social hub for the University of Newcastle’s’ Callaghan Campus, accommodating many food and beverage retail outlets, several dining areas, function rooms, meeting spaces, social areas and amenities.
Our goal for this Project is to support and promote the vision of the University to create an engaging and accessible public space which meets the needs, and enhances the experience of students, staff and visitors on the Campus.
Aside from the management of the design, procurement and construction works, Wildara will be working with the University to define and develop unique ‘Smart Paths’ infrastructure which will include the following amenity:
- Connections to night time teaching buildings and campus services,
- Accessible compliant paths
- Wayfinding signage
- Wifi enabled
- CCTV coverage
- Security help points
- Good lighting levels for access and CCTV
- Digital campus maps at strategic nodes
This project is ongoing due for completion in April 2019.