- Client: Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Location: Lombrum, Manus Island, Papua New Guinea
- Sector: Federal Government
- Services: Project Management, Contracts Administration, Contractor Procurement & Management, Design Management and Construction Management
- Project Value: $20m
- Completion: February 2015
- Contactor: Hornibrook NGI Limited
The Upper Paradise Housing (UPH) Project involved the design and construction of 42 high-set modular houses for the Papua New Guinean Defence Force (PNGDF) funded by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
This project required design management, Commonwealth procurement, mobilisation, construction and financial performance of locally and overseas based contractors. The project also required high levels of consultation with the PNG Defence Force, DIBP and the Australian High Commission to ensure the Project was delivered in accordance with both local and Australian standards.
- Highly changing political environment
- Remote project delivery
- Cultural and language barriers
- Rapid mobilisation
The project was effectively delivered to meet the objectives set by the Australian Government.